2004/08/18

My new favourite word

I finally got to actually reading the copy of Tokion that I bought a month ago. My favourite article so far is the one called "Megacities"; it's a discussion on the acceleration of urbanization by a group of experts (well, they sounded like experts) that included Kengo Kuma. The reason I like it so much is because the discussion panel uses words like "McMansion", "homo movents", and "Corbusierian".

The word I definitely liked the most is "techno-fascist". I've heard "fascist techno", but "techno-fascist"? It's just such a great word; I mean, you could use it everywhere. Here's an example:

Girl 1: What are you doing?
Girl 2: Taking care of my techno-fascist blackheads.
Girl 1: But, you don't have any techno-fascist blackheads.
Girl 2: Exactly.
Voice-over: Clean & Clear, under control.


Besides the crazy (made-up) words, I really liked Kengo Kuma's completely unrealistic and insanely fucked-up architectural drawings. After all, he's the guy who designed the Bamboo House.

No comments: