2005/03/25

Obsessing about Beck, pt. 2

Oh my fucking god, Beck is a Scientologist (thank you for the info, Dave).

  1. The Guardian says Beck is a Scientologist.

  2. The liner notes in Guero thanks Jenna Elfman who is well, uhh... Here's a link.

  3. Beck showed up at a party with a known Scientologist.

  4. This: The Secret Life of Beck Hansen - A Guide for the Professional Journalist

  5. In the interview published by the Planet magazine, Beck sounds very uncomfortable when George W. Bush and Jesus come up as a subject. (Read The Secret Life of Beck Hansen.)

  6. Beck recently performed at a Scientology gala.

  7. His mom (Bibbe Hansen), dad (David Campbell), wife (Marissa Ribisi), brother-in-law (Giovanni Ribisi), and mother-in-law (Gay Ribisi) are all Scientologists.


I wonder if Sofia Coppola is a Scientologist too. (That would be just terrible).

4 comments:

Dave said...

Scientology freaks me out like you wouldn't believe. I actually did a couple e-meters when I actually checked it out. It's pretty fucked up..

MXE said...

You did _couple_ (like, more than once?) of e-meter readings?

Dave said...

Yeah, just to see how stupid the whole thing is. I read about "Operation Clambake" a long time before I did it too.

It was interesting hearing all the little hyponitic NLP that they teach those recruiters.

But yeah, I do recommend doing one. Just don't be an idiot and get sucked in.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found your blog while hunting for Beck and Scientology on the web. I don't know if you know this, but Beck has been talking up Scientology's drug program in some interviews. Take a look at http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/03/24/1111525281797.html?oneclick=true (you may have to register to read it).

It is also available on http://www.stewoo.net/beck --go to the Forums section, then look under News for a topic about an article from The Age. (Since you are a fan you should look around the Forums while you're there, you might be interested.)